Austroflamm Integra Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetdawg99

Mar 12, 2011
Central New York
Hello to all!

I scanned the forums and couldn't find this question replicated anyplace else, so please excuse me if it has already been answered.

My problem is as follows: I have a 1993 austroflamm integra I FS. I absolutely love the stove as I got it for a song, but recently its been acting up.

Randomly I have noticed that the stove while running the auger feed and convection blower will both stop. This stoppage will happen until the stove almost goes out, then suddenly the blower comes back on and the auger starts feeding again, like nothing had happened.

Previously I bought and installed a new convection fan as the old motor had stopped working. Also I had the stove professionally serviced by a local pellet tech company prior to the heating season of 2009-2010. I did the cleaning myself before this years heating season (trying to save some $).

Is anyone familiar with this having happened before? I am worried it may be an issue with the control board or some such thing.

Thanks for the help.

I would start a through cleaning, removing the back wall and cleaning around the heat exchanger tubes. Also remove the combustion blower and clean out that area. Check the intake air sensor it is located on the right side of the stove on the air intake tube, if this is real dirty the stove will shut down randomly. If you search for my posts I have posted in a few threads about repairing these great stoves.

Sounds like a reaction to overheating the convection blower but I'm not certain.

They have thermal protection and will stop if the motor gets too hot, etc .... When that happens the stove will go over temperature and the auger will get stopped by the high temperature safety, if the high temperature safety is a self resetting unit (some are, some are not) eventually the temperature the blower sees will drop below its thermal cut off and will then restart, this in turn will drop the over temperature safety below its reset point restarting the pellets flow and as long as there is a fire in the burn pot the stove will be back to burning.

The most common cause of such things happening is a dirty or failing convection blower, there are other possibilities but that is where I'd start.

To the right side under the convection blower there is a little tiny 200 °F auto reset high limit disc. Jump that switch and see if your problem or 1/2 half of your problem goes away. Also remove the air flow sensor and make sure it is clean.

For small $ (like ($25) - Joe Narduzzi from pelletstoverepair.com will troubleshoot all of your electrical parts (control board and air sensor)

10151 Festa Ct.

Elk Grove Ca. 95757

208-250-9230(8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific time)

if no answer, call

(916)-690-8143 (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time)

GREAT STOVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.