Automatic draft control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

May 20, 2008
North East Pennsylvania
Is an automatic draft control needed or known as a barometric control. I picked up my stove today which is the harman TL 300 and was advised the automatic draft control is highly recomended. On the other hand my father said it is not needed.

I purchased the control but can easily retirn if not needed.

Any advice????

Murry, I have brand new one in the box you could have for 8.00 plus shipping. let me know thanks fespo

I'd try it without first, it may draft just fine. If the draft is too strong add a pipe damper.

Return the baro damper. You don't need it. You don't want it. Like the guys say, burn the stove for a while and if draft is too strong then when you clean the chimney you can install a flue pipe key damper for seven bucks that will give you control of the flue, not some gadget that lets cold air into the pipe to build up creosote and that you can't control.

Plus if you got a chimney fire, that damper would slam wide open and allow max air to fan the flames in your chimney. It would look like a rocket ship shooting out of your cap.

hey web,
didnt that guy who was tagging along with you in atlanta have some sort of gizmo for auto adjusting draft controls? wasnt a damper , some sort of attachment which manipulated your primary draft control based on room temp. i didnt look at it very hard at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.