Auxiliary Power Supply For Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigV

Oct 1, 2006
Akron, OH
Is there an alternative power source available to keep my pellet stove running during power outages??
I currently have the largest converter I could find hooked up to a deep cycle marine battery, but I have to unplug the stove from the wall outlet and then into the converter when the power goes out. Needless to say that doesn’t work too well when no one is home. It only lasts about 40 minutes using the largest battery I could find.
I would like to find something that “kicks on” automatically when the power goes out and will run longer than 40 minutes.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Harman makes one for their units, reputed to run for up to 8 hours, but I'd say its more like 6hrs.....pretty expensive tho, around $400, without the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.