Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE power supply blow out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PelletBurner2024

Jan 21, 2024
New Jersey, USA
Hello everyone I had my 2006 QuadraFire Mt Vernon AE pellet stove running and out of nowhere I heard a loud arcing electrical sound and saw a bright white light coming from the back and bottom of the stove. Thank goodness I was in the same room as it. I unplugged the unit and the sound/light show stopped. Took off the side covers and saw that the connector for the 110v AC on the power supply had burned up. It appears that the PCB actually shorted out. It was not a power surge and not a high resistance at the connector itself. But actually was the board/solder joint letting go. Does anyone know if there is a recall or known problem with this happening? The main fuse did not blow so it wasn’t a transformer, resister, choke, capacitor or anything after the connector’s solder point that shorted. already ordered a new wiring harness and power supply ordered. Wow could have been really bad if it kept shorting out. Anyone’s input about it is welcome

IMG_4227.jpeg IMG_4223.jpeg IMG_4228.jpeg IMG_4225.jpeg