Avalon Astoria FS arrived, but......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

It's a used dealer showroom model built in Sept. of '05, and I bought it "as is" for a pretty good price (it was only used for 2 winters just to show customers how it worked), but it had no owners manual, thermostat, scraper rod, brush, or fuses.

A couple of questions:

1. The manual I downloaded (copyright 2007) from the web shows a control panel that has all electronic controls. On mine, under the label "Heat Output" there are 2 knobs instead, labeled "Low-Med-Hi"....am I to assume that the top one is the "heat" and the bottom one is the "fan"?

2. Since it didn't come w/ a wall thermostat, can I use an electronic programmable one, like a Lux PSP511LA? I'd really like to be able to program it.

3. I just finished doing a very thorough cleaning of the stove, and am going to start it up outside tomorrow....if I need parts, what is the best place to order them from? (low/reasonable price, have parts in stock, etc, etc)

Thanks everybody for any help you can give

Status
Not open for further replies.