1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Avalon Astoria FS arrived, but......

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by imacman, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imacman

imacman Guest

It's a used dealer showroom model built in Sept. of '05, and I bought it "as is" for a pretty good price (it was only used for 2 winters just to show customers how it worked), but it had no owners manual, thermostat, scraper rod, brush, or fuses.

A couple of questions:

1. The manual I downloaded (copyright 2007) from the web shows a control panel that has all electronic controls. On mine, under the label "Heat Output" there are 2 knobs instead, labeled "Low-Med-Hi"....am I to assume that the top one is the "heat" and the bottom one is the "fan"?

2. Since it didn't come w/ a wall thermostat, can I use an electronic programmable one, like a Lux PSP511LA? I'd really like to be able to program it.

3. I just finished doing a very thorough cleaning of the stove, and am going to start it up outside tomorrow....if I need parts, what is the best place to order them from? (low/reasonable price, have parts in stock, etc, etc)

Thanks everybody for any help you can give

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

Thank you!!!!

Any opinion of the Astoria? good things, horror stories???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.