Avalon Olympic 1190 Air Tube Collars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vintage1976

Aug 23, 2021
Way Out West
I have an Avalon Olympic 1190 that came to me second hand when we bought the house. I would guess it was installed when the house was remodeled circa 2012. This past weekend I decided to change out the air tubes, but only managed to get one tube out, and basically had to cut the collar to get that one tube out. It's almost as if the air tube collars welded themselves on the stud on the right side of the baffle.

Anyone else ever come across this and what was your solution to getting the collars free? PB Blaster, Kroil? Some sort of penetrating oil?

Thanks,

Kroil the day before might help. After the roller pin has been removed, clamp on the tube with a vice grip and use a hammer to persuade it to the left out of the collar.

Reactions: Vintage1976
Kroil the day before might help. After the roller pin has been removed, clamp on the tube with a vice grip and use a hammer to persuade it to the left out of the collar.
The air tube came out, the collar is stuck on the stub. I actually got all the tubes loose. Now just a matter of getting the collars off to replace them as well.