Avalon versus Lopi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dali Lima

Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2007
Central Connecticut
Hi everyone... I did a brief search on this but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for... perhaps a dealer out there can clarify for me...

I was looking at the Lopi Layden stove and noticed that Avalon has the EXACT same stove. I know they are both owned by Travis... but why produce the SAME stove? Is there a price difference between the two? I didn't notice any structural differences between the stoves... not sure why you would waste your time producing two stoves with different names. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks.

Basically the stoves innards are the same but the outside looks are a bit different. Kind a like Chevy and GMC.

Original idea from travis was to be able to have more dealers - open one lopi dealer in a town, and then give avalon to the competition. Results seem to be mixed these days, as many dealers end up selling both.

But they are identical or similar in many cases...same factory, often even same testing/label.

It's like being with Blondes or Brunettes, you can't lose :lol:
Or can you?

Both stoves are just about the same, I like the look of the Avalon. Compare prices for both and go from there. Damn another stove that I want, both are really sharp and I like the top loading feature

On their other stoves:
For example the Liberty vs Avalon Olympic
Lopi has a huge gold door(very expensive though), the Avalon's door is a little smaller. Avalon's door also fits a little different when tightened down (closed). I would say the seal is better on the Avalon than on the Lopi but again both excellent choices.

Yeah, but I like redheads! :coolhmm:

I hear ya... this was good information. I thought the Avalon might be the Toyota to the Lopi's Lexus, but it sounds like they are even par. I'll keep that in mind when I go to look at them on Sunday. Thanks!

Ask them if they have any Avalopis for sale :p

Todd said it exactly the way I do. The Avalon being the Chevy

I like my Lopalon. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.