Awakenings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
20170211_133212_004_resized.jpg 20170211_133234_resized.jpg 20170211_132941_resized.jpg 20170211_132918_resized.jpg

Dad gum it BeGreen . . . that's it. I'm taking pictures today and posting them here . . . so you can experience/remember what it is like here in New England this time of year. Hint: There's not a whole lot of color other than the green needles on the evergreens, blue sky and those artificial flowers that the one guy left outside (although they're probably covered by snow by now.)

I HATE YOU
We have another 14 in. on the ground with 10 more to come
So right now I can still see the tops of the pickets on the 4 ft. fence
but I expect they will disappear by morning . Spring maybe the end of May

Reactions: Tracks74
I figured I should share some pics of my flowers with BeGreen.

1st photo (16): View of the wild roses. I planted them years ago in the hopes that they would take over this area. They haven't done so. But the few that blossom smell wicked nice, so I haven't done anything in the hope that some day they will go crazy and start taking off.

2nd photo (17): Here you can see the wild orange tiger lillies that my wife likes and I hate. I think they're kind of gaumy looking. Every year I have wild flights of fancy with me taking my weed whacker and getting a little too close to them . . . and yet I respect my wife too much to do so.

3rd photo (18): This is a shot of some low-lying pricker plant that we planted years ago. It has pretty tiny flowers in the Spring and berries . . . but mostly is just really good at jabbing one in one's ankle if one gets too close to it.

4th photo (19): This is a holly trying to escape the snowy Apocalypse On-slaught . . . I am afraid it is doomed. There is no escape from the Wrath of the Snow. You may also note the nice arrangement of Sweet William, hostas next to it . . . and under the master bedroom an assortment of early spring time blooming plants such as daffodils, tulips and crocuses.

5th photo (20): Another shot of the holly after SubZero nailed him.

6th photo (21): This is some crappy bush that my wife likes for some reason. I think it's pretty scraggily and if it was up to me I would cut it down since it obscures my view of the driveway. My wife however says the colorful red leafs in the Fall are pretty and every time I threaten to take my chainsaw to it she says doing so would be bad . . . for the scraggily looking bush and for me.

7th photo (22): View of the Sweet William and hostas from above while relaxing on my porch in an easy chair while sipping a refreshing lemonade and waving to the neighbors slowly walking by.

8th photo (23): View of the Bleeding Heart . . . and why does it bleed? . . . It bleeds because it thinks having this much snow in all of 5 %&%#& days is just too much!

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 210
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Nice pics Jake. I particularly like the snow lilies. ==c If it's any consolation we are quite behind this year and snow showers are predicted this week. Our wood pile is shrinking rapidly.

Dad gum it BeGreen . . . that's it. I'm taking pictures today and posting them here . . . so you can experience/remember what it is like here in New England this time of year. Hint: There's not a whole lot of color other than the green needles on the evergreens, blue sky and those artificial flowers that the one guy left outside (although they're probably covered by snow by now.)

That's OK, brightly colored bikinis stand out against the snow better.

20170228_155334web.jpg
starting to happen, slowly here

Some of the Cherry Blossoms have started to sprout buds. But tonight and tomorrow night we are going to get into the low 20s. Not sure what it will do to them.

Nothing good. We've got a cold weekend too. I didn't have any peaches last year due to a late frost. You might get the same. I'd planned to trim the peach tree this weekend.

Nothing good. We've got a cold weekend too. I didn't have any peaches last year due to a late frost. You might get the same. I'd planned to trim the peach tree this weekend.

Forecast has been updated to low teens Saturday night. At least it will kill the few mosquitoes I saw flying around last week.

I figured I should share some pics of my flowers with BeGreen.
Thanks for the chuckle firefighterjake! Your lillies seem to be in the same shape as mine ... buried under the white stuff.

Keep rubbing it in begreen ... reminds me that warmth is coming; just not here yet.