Baby Pellet Pig

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilburg

Oct 20, 2010
Western Mass
I get my stove on Friday. I took your advice and spent the past week pellet hunting this is what I found within 5 miles of my house. I got 40 pounds of each.

Cubex
Burn
Barefoot
Dry Creek
Lingnetics
Warmfest
Okanagan
Freedom Fuel
Fireside

The Stove company includes 1 ton of PA's

So that is ten different pellet to choose from. They are stacked in my garage ready for testing.

Most Pellets are between $230-$260 (except for FF and Fireside - I can get that for $199)

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 324
Interested to hear your comments on the Burn pellet brand. I haven't been able to find them locally. But a friend has tried them down in NJ. He though they did pretty well.

Have fun testing! :)

Maybe the Pellet Pig Club needs a new entry designation.

Perhaps, Piglet would be a good starting point, yes/no?

Bear,,,,, On a side note. and you probably said it somewhere allready an I missed it... What did you find for Next Season?

samm6 said:
Bear,,,,, On a side note. and you probably said it somewhere allready an I missed it... What did you find for Next Season?

My stash for next year will have any left over Granules LG and Cubex along with what I don't burn of the 5 ton of MWP that is being delivered this week. I took a bye on the third manufacturing change they made and from what I've been hearing and seeing their latest process is worth another burn on my part. They will either be shoulder season or in between that and the really cold time burning season pellets. I managed to survive the first two production process runs, it wasn't pleasant but they did improve quite a bit each time. I was going to try some earlier but never got to my local source when it was open in order to pick up a few bags. Jay managed to get some and test them. I'm more than willing to buy on his results, more so than any results produced by tests done on manufacturer submitted samples. Let's just say that I have reason from past experience not to rely on any such testing and it isn't just pellets. My first indoctrination came in the food processing side of things over 40 years ago.

Color me extremely skeptical. Now I've placed my bets and will suffer whatever the consequences are. I can do a very fast hot dump and restart. I do however need a new pair of heavy duty gloves as the ones I was using have long since developed holes. I used them all the time while working in the yard and they were at least 15 years old.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Maybe the Pellet Pig Club needs a new entry designation.

Perhaps, Piglet would be a good starting point, yes/no?

Then ya gonna move up to "SHOAT"?

Wilburg said:
I get my stove on Friday. I took your advice and spent the past week pellet hunting this is what I found within 5 miles of my house. I got 40 pounds of each.

Cubex
Burn
Barefoot
Dry Creek
Lingnetics
Warmfest
Okanagan
Freedom Fuel
Fireside

The Stove company includes 1 ton of PA's

So that is ten different pellet to choose from. They are stacked in my garage ready for testing.

Most Pellets are between $230-$260 (except for FF and Fireside - I can get that for $199)

I think it's pretty cool how you stuck them bags to the wall like that.

Hello

Congrats on your new Stove. Have fun, but 1st please post pics of your new stove so we can see.

Thanks

I will .. 1st thing I will do!! I will wear this piglet title with pride !

Status
Not open for further replies.