Back to Fatwood again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or $24.95? December was a long time ago! Whatever the 30 count sells for online.

NW Fuels said:
Yanksforever,

Since you brought up the name I will defend Backwoods on the fact that on multiple occasions Soupy and friend Biff seem like dissing my product or my business behaviour is in their plan. Read this post and see the little stab about Super Cedar being oily. Super Cedars are not oily, why say it? Every couple months it comes up in more than one thread.

We all know that Super Cedars can be messy when broken, this is a well known fact. We all know it cleans up.
Thomas

Thomas,

As I explained to you previously, I like the product - it just doesn't make sense for me personally due to cost. I prefer pine cones and kindling.

I'm less concerned with burning pine than most. Pine cones have pitch - enough so that I handle my cones by holding them by the stem so I don't get the pitch on my fingers when setting up. They light quickly and burn hot enough to get my kindling going without issue. I sweep my chimney at least once per cord - more so if I'm buring shoulder season loads with punky stuff or pine splits, so I'm comfortable that I'm managing creosote adequately.

I am critical of your previous handling of Soupy's comments. His comments are relevant, fair and useful to folks dealing with startup issues. And as I related previously, you owe the gentleman an apology for your previous comments. To maintain otherwise, or suggest that he is dissing because wants to hurt your business is plain silly. It makes you and your business, look bad. I truly hope you reconsider.

Sincerely,
BCT

I've used Super Cedars, Fatwood, and an array of other firestarters.
I'm personally impressed with my own homemade concoction, consisting
of Dryer Lint w/ Melted Wax in a mini muffin tin. They run me less than 10 cents
apiece & get the job done. I'm even able to use the local heat of my woodstove
to get the wax to melt.

Closing it. Soupy got what he wanted out of the OP. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.