Back to heating oil?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two parts to this equation.

After burning many tons of different pellets, I have settled on Okanagans. There is only one distributor in my state that sells them. They are 50 miles away and I'm not driving that far to pick them up. So the delivered price if I bought 4 tons today is $365.00 per ton.

$365.00 per ton is a lot of money for wood pellets.
250.00 a ton for pellets at most Box stores if ya don't mind lot of Ash while u keep warm..

Oil prices should be pushing BBS to under $200 and premium pellets to $250. Otherwise I hug my oil guy and the pellet crew can go stuff it. All this with a smile of course. :)

Pellets are a commodity. The supply will be up and demand will be down due to people buying oil and the price will go down. Play the game...

Reactions: F4jock
Pellets are definitely more eco friendly than oil. I imagine it must be the term "eco friendly" that is funny to some people.
No. Just remember that the majority of "scientists" and learned people once thought the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it so the terminology and "science" you cite is, to me, just as valid. You have opinons. I have opinions l. I deal in facts and so far "eco-friendy" is, like "man-caused-global warming " by-in-large an opinion that borders on a religion. Tell you what. You stay with fun facts about pellets and don't bring your "eco-friendly" religion into this and I won't cite how your environmental concerns allow you to be played for a fool.

No. Just remember that the majority of "scientists" and learned people once thought the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around it so the terminology and "science" you cite is, to me, just as valid. You have opinons. I have opinions l. I deal in facts and so far "eco-friendy" is, like "man-caused-global warming " by-in-large an opinion that borders on a religion. Tell you what. You stay with fun facts about pellets and don't bring your "eco-friendly" religion into this and I won't cite how your environmental concerns allow you to be played for a fool.

Scientists never thought the Earth was flat. Naive people and superstitious people did. Fact not opinion!

Scientists never thought the Earth was flat. Naive people and superstitious people did. Fact not opinion!
Oh really? Do some actual research my friend. Prior to the Greeks......and science is only as good as the Era it is from.

Oh really? Do some actual research my friend. Prior to the Greeks......and science is only as good as the Era it is from.

"During the early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. From at least the 14th century, belief in a flat Earth among the educated was almost nonexistent."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

Now who were the socalled "scientists" that predated that?

Circling the drain here.

Reactions: woodmakesheat
"During the early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. From at least the 14th century, belief in a flat Earth among the educated was almost nonexistent."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth
What is It about the word PRIOR you fail to understand? And you proved my point. If PRIOR to the 14th century the prevalent opinion was that the earth WAS flat then it shows that the learned majority opinion can be wrong.

The earth isn't flat?

Confused and a bit agitated.

cat flushing.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.