Back to Normal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyPellets

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2012
Delaware
Finally ran out of the Old Dominion Pellets last weekend. Please don't ever buy this junk. A lesson learned from buying without lifting the white plastic cover on the pallets. We bought 6 tons from Tractor Supply in October. We ended up with 4 different brands. Dumb ass me looked at the pallet they had as you walked in the front door and assumed that is what they were selling this year. Last year they had strictly Lignetics and had not one problem. We ended up with Old Dominion, National(from Vt), Cheat River and USA. Luckily I got 2 pallets of the Cheat River and they really are not so bad. The old Dominion was an every 3 days complete stove clean. Loaded with fines and filthy burning. Cheat River no problems with the weekly cycle.

On a 2nd note I found a source for the Hammers. $285. Are they worth this much?

Status
Not open for further replies.