Back to Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Burned wood for lotsa years. Thought this year I would try the Pellet thing. Dosen't work for me so it's back to wood. Does anyone have any experience with the Englander Add-On wood furnace? I have a forced air oil furnace and this unit would mate up to the duct work tickity-boo. I really liked the Englander Pellet stove I have and their customer service is first rate, so sticking with this company would be A-Okay. Love to be able to hear from anyone who went this route. Thanks

Bump this back to the top. Someone out there has an Englander furnace, I hope.

It seems like a very simple add on furnace. It has good reviews on the Home Depot website. I have read up on a few add on furnaces that had secondary combustion and that might be a better route to go. I saw a real nice fire chief with a cat at Rural King last week and it was marked down 60%. I inherited and old Daka from my grandfather and installed two secondary combustion tubes in it. I have fired it up a few times and the first floor got up to 80 pretty quick. I will mess around with it when it gets colder or next year. Check CL for a used furnace as well. There is a guy on here that is a furnace distrubutor of some brand and he sells factory direct...I can't remember his name, but the product seemed first rate and it had a secondary sombustion.

Also
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/27340/

edit. I found the guy/dealer I was talking about

http://www.yukon-eagle.com

I hear they are good furnaces and heat well. If you wanted to spend a little more, you could have a furnace thats EPA certified. Using less wood and burning cleaner. We have a Caddy and they are very nice furnaces. Made there in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.