Backup Power for Intermmitent on/off power distruption?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Meant to test my Enviro Empress Insert to see what happens, when the power goes off. Did not have to! Today,we had 4 seperate power outages that lasted less than a minuite each.
( this is common around here, just forgot about it). Well, the stove did not smoke at all with the 25' 4" flex liner. It did shut down totaly.

What I'm looking for ( have an emg generator ) is a UPS unit or whatever, that would kick in right a way so the insert would not go out.

The pia with the empress is the #2 light blinks, indicating a fault trip. You have to pull off the surround, pull the stove out a bit, reach or squeeze into the back and press a reset on the High Limit Temp sensor.
Wife can't do that alone and it is a pain.

Searched and found information on inverters, generators and battery After the power fails, but is their something relatively inexpensive that would suffice for momentary outages?

Thanks

Due to the 4 loss of power I hope you had the insert plugged into a surge protector, at the least.

Eric

invertors are relatively cheap these days and you should be able to find something under a hundred dollars(or less if you go small) that will do just fine.

Yes, plugged into a good surge protector with a surge protector on main panel also.

Status
Not open for further replies.