backup-ups

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rparker

Feeling the Heat
Jul 17, 2011
Vermont
Still working on my "system". Decided to start looking for a battery backup. Quad CB1200 freestanding.
What size would be the recommendation? Not to concerned about startup power. The only time the unit needs to start is when I shut it down for cleaning.
Looking for something that would run auger and blowers only.
Also considering a generator but that will be later.
Thanks.

Along with this, is there a way to have the stove shut down when there is a power failure?
I run on thermostat and am researching possibilities. Seems that there should be a unit that would sense a power failure and turn itself down to allow stove to go through normal shutdown procedures. That way a battery backup with 20-30 minutes of reserve would be ok.

Use the search at the top of the forum there are post on here about interrupting the t-stat when power drops out. I do not know if there are any actual circuits presented. I have enough natural draft in my venting that I don't worry about power outages.

Thanks -was having a time trying to search for it.
Looks like this is just what I am trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.