Backwoods requested a picture of my stacks....so here you go!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
IMG00630-20120326-0712.jpgIMG00627-20120326-0710.jpg

[I have about 9 cord here and it will dry for 2 years before I put it in one of the wood sheds. It's spread out quite a bit so it's hard to get a good picture. I like the wooden racks because their easy to stack and the ground is very wet here. I get a lot of recycled lumber from my part time construction job. I put small pieces of plywood on the end of the stacks so I can write the date on them. After a year I can't remember when I cut it.

Attachments

• IMG00633-20120326-0714.jpg
    IMG00633-20120326-0714.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 282
View attachment 64064View attachment 64065View attachment 64066

I have about 9 cord here and it will dry for 2 years before I put it in one of the wood sheds. It's spread out quite a bit so it's hard to get a good picture. I like the wooden racks because their easy to stack and the ground is very wet here. I get a lot of recycled lumber from my part time construction job. I put small pieces of plywood on the end of the stacks so I can write the date on them. After a year I can't remember when I cut it.
I see you have quite a few rounds stacked off the ground,how well do they keep for you,and how long.Anyway it's a good feeling when you're ahead of the game.

I am working on getting everything cut, split and stacked now. I skidded those logs out this winter w/my ATV. I think if you keep it off the ground it will last for years.

I am working on getting everything cut, split and stacked now. I skidded those logs out this winter w/my ATV. I think if you keep it off the ground it will last for years.
Nice, pallet pete might get jealous... all those skid containers. Sweeeet!! Wood should dry nice like that!

Looks great! I stack my rounds in single rows just like you, nice work! Cheers!

Compliments on those neat stacking racks. Looks like many cords of 'money in the bank'. Alot of work in those pictures, eh?

I like those small racks with the roofs, Ive been thinking of putting roofs of some of my racks.

Nice stacks, JS! They'll dry out really nice. You don't have any wood shortage there!

All split by hand (some noodling going on also)......geeze, you'd think I'd loose a few pounds!_g

Reactions: ScotO
Ha! You are giving zappy a run for his money with those "neat" stacks Jack Straw!....:)

Jack, that looks great!

btw, sorry for being so late on this thread but I've been fighting some computer problems so just got back on today.

Great looking stacks Jack! I see a roof over some wood, is this a portable roof to use over the wood you're currently burning? I would think that would be a great idea to have a roof that can be moved to the wood being burned and 2 roofs would be better to keep the wood dry and then you can rotate the roof location so you always have dry wood ready.. If this makes any sense lol..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.