1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Mainer2013

Mainer2013 New Member

I have a enviro empress pellet insert. I have had it sine june and still feel that I have not figured it out. After 2 bags of pellets the ash pan is completely full. Keep in mind it is an insert and my ash pan is only about an inch tall. And after 8 hours of burning the glass is is so dirty that I cannot hardly see the flame. But what alarms me the most is the residue on the glass is brown and all the ash in the pan is brown. I think I am not getting a complete burn of the pellet. I have tried various brands of pellets with no change. I have also tried all the damper setting and combustion settings with no luck. Here is a few pics of what I am talking about. Anybody got any ideas?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. myhearthisonfuego

myhearthisonfuego New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    what kind and brand of pellets are you burning? open the damper all the way up, put combustion on 3 or 4, and feed rate down a tick maybe?
  3. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    The dirty glass is a problem if you burn on low… these stove like to run on med/high. Dealers will never tell you that a dirty glass will happen even with a higher burn… I clean mine every day or two.

A sticky brown deposit usually means you need a little more air. When you make adjustments wait 15-20 minutes to see how the stove reacts to the change in settings.