Bad contractor advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
I'm wondering what people here might do in this situation. Few yrs back I had a chimney guy do some work on chimney repair. I was satisfied with the work and service. However he did provide some info related to wood burning and carbon monoxide that I have read may be false. Again, work performed was fine, but years later with knowing more about wood burning,I am wondering if there is anything I can/should do at this point thinking that his work in other people's houses may reflect a false understanding of co2 in wood smoke.

What did he tell you that was wrong?

no further responses needed. All set. Thanks

If he told you carbon monoxide and CO2 are the same thing ... you would be correct in assuming he was giving out false information. ;) :)

Reactions: tarzan
If he told you carbon monoxide and CO2 are the same thing ... you would be correct in assuming he was giving out false information. ;) :)

My mistake on that, meant to say co. Based on info I gained from a private message, it appears that my concern was unwarranted. This thread can be deleted. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.