Baffle insulation cracked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
GF was lighting a fire only to find out there's a crack on one of the C-cast Baffle. I guess it crack due to the heat? We usually keep it between 400-600 or so. Two weeks ago it was hovering around 650 for about 15
mins or so.

There are gaps between bricks surround the interior, Ok to operate for now and wait until spring to replace during chimney cleaning?
Baffle insulation cracked

Last edited by a moderator:
I re-glued mine together with Rutland’s HI-TEMP stove & gasket cement. It seems to be holding well for now.
Baffle insulation crackedBaffle insulation cracked

Last edited by a moderator:
GF was lighting a fire only to find out there's a crack on one of the C-cast Baffle. I guess it crack due to the heat? We usually keep it between 400-600 or so. Two weeks ago it was hovering around 650 for about 15
mins or so.

There are gaps between bricks surround the interior, Ok to operate for now and wait until spring to replace during chimney cleaning?
View attachment 224170
What stove is this?

mins or so.

It's probably not heat. More commonly the crack is from hitting it with a log.

How old is the insert? There is a two year warranty on the c-cast baffle

When I purchased my used insert one of the top baffles was cracked. Ordered a new one but ran it cracked till the new one came in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Push it together and try not to knock it around when loading. It'll get you through until the end of the season then you can replace it.