1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davevassar

davevassar Member

Loc:
    South Central MA
    I'm running an Enviro Empress insert, and on setting 4 (medium high), I'm burning 2 bags per day. I put a full bag in around 6:30AM, and another around 7PM. Is that normal? I'm currently burning Barefoot Pellets, as they seem to burn the hottest.

If I have it on 3 (medium) I go thought about a bag and 3/4 per 24 hour period.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dvsstrike

dvsstrike New Member

Loc:
    cape cod ma
    i have aempress fs and on three i go though a bag and a 1/2 a day. its normal due to climate and home configuration. on manual it will feed at a preset setting and keep going. but 2 bags a day is normal for some people in certain parts of mass. i know of my best friend in worchester burning that in a day.
  3. fletchtb

fletchtb New Member

Loc:
    Fletcher, Vermont
    I own a free standing Empress and go through a little under two bags a day on 4 and slightly more than two bags a day on 5.

Sounds like we are burning at the same pace.
  4. mystro

mystro Member

It's all based on size of room(s) your heating and how warm ya like it..my WF Advantage rarely ever sees anything but the lowest setting once the living room is comfortable that equal approx 1 Bag per 18h.
  5. buildingmaint

buildingmaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Oil City PA
    I know how you feel , since you never had a pellet stove before you have no idea how much you will or should use . I wish I would of known about this board my first year . It would of been nice to get good advice and ways to solve simple problems. Not that Breckwell has bad customer service [ a service tech named Will called me at home to answer a question of mine ].
  6. lpgreg

lpgreg Member

Loc:
    central mi.
    So far about 43 bags in 60 days in a Whitfield pellet insert new this year. 1400 sq. ft. home $2.75 per day compared to at least $8.00 per day with propane at last year prices. Plus the added advantage of the visible fire
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.