Battery backup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ablejoy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
The power went out last night while we were sleeping, The stove shut down and it was 24 degrees out side lucky it was 65 degree when I got up. Wondering if anyone is using a battery backup like a computer would use. Power wasn't off very long a couple of minutes. We have a lot of short power outages in the winter. I am using a surge protector on the stove.
Thanks

I have a St Croix EXL. We have power outages often. I have a 100 CA Marine Battery in my cellar ( below my stove: Stove is plugged into the interface unit in the basement) with a Stove Sentry Model 512 interface for DC to AC plus it has a built in battery charger. My stove will run for approx 2 days on this alone. We have generator power but when the power goes off my stove doesn't miss a beat..If it's only for a few hours we have gas lights and now the battery back up on the pellet stove. I don't start the generator unless I have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.