Beautiful day to look back on all the hard work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
I brought a load of splits up to the house for the next few weeks and enjoyed thinking back to the different scrounges as I came across different splits. Different species and each one brought back the fun of cutting splitting and stacking them. Kinda cool remembering back to all the different adventures that come from scrounging. I'm guessing some of you have so much firewood you couldn't remember them all but still think back to all the effort put into it. And excited about reaping the benefits over this winter.

Funny while I'm writing this post my phone rings, someone dropping a pine and wants to know if I want it. :)

I love to look out the back window at that stack of wood, when there's a couple of feet of snow on the ground and the wind is howling, and remembering all the BTU's I burned up getting it.....and all the while enjoying the BTU's its giving me back as I look out on that cold stack.....

I too think of when that wood was cut and can probably tell where the tree was that had been cut to make those logs. And hey, I just plain like looking at the wood stacks.

Reactions: ScotO and swagler85
Ended up with a full load of pine, probably around 1/2 cord. Will be nice shoulder season wood for next year.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.