Beech Off The Hill.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was able to buck up the beech on the side of he hill. The outside looks suspect but the heart looks good.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1837.jpg
    100_1837.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_1838.jpg
    100_1838.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 100_1839.jpg
    100_1839.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 252
EatenByLimestone said:
Splated? That may make interesting lumber.

Matt

That was my first thought too!!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
EatenByLimestone said:
Splated? That may make interesting lumber.

Matt

That was my first thought too!!

Billy

That splated lumber is sure going to burn nice next year! :coolsmile:

zap

To much punky going on for lumber.

smokinjay said:
To much punky going on for lumber.

Smokinjay is correct, to much punk on the outside but the heart is good and still has some nice weight. Up above that is a downed maple, when I started cutting one of the limbs the water just poured out plus I have a hung up beech just above the maple on the right of the picture so I stopped cutting until I bring it down so it is safe to work there.

Just down the trail is a medium size beech that is a blow down this year and the wood looks good so I hope that I get it next week after I take care of my neighbors cherry tree that is down.

zap

Zap, I just trim the puck and burn the good.

Status
Not open for further replies.