Before I post on Craigs List...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_d_gard

Nov 9, 2009
Maryland - USA
www.cff.org
I'm crying as I type this.

Gang,

I have about 2.2 cords of wood(mixed) that's been sitting, covered, for the last two and a half years and another 90cu ft (0.7 cords) of rounds that have been sitting for over 14 months. Most the split stuff is 16 to 19" (it increased as I worked with the stove and found out it's little flaws). In short I have to get rid of it as I'm moving and wanted to get your take on the offer or offer it to you first before I post it on CL.

Attached is some photos.

If we don't move, then I'm screwed. And I'll freeze for the winter. God that was some work in that lot.

Opinions??

Ray

Attachments

• DSCN3293.JPG
    DSCN3293.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN3292.JPG
    DSCN3292.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN3291.JPG
    DSCN3291.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN3295.JPG
    DSCN3295.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN3294.JPG
    DSCN3294.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 148
I'd wait until I was loading the moving van and then post it. It will go quick. Sorry for the loss.

Reactions: mfglickman
I'm sure it'll find a good home.
Good luck.

Where in MD? I can be over next weekend...

I think Jack Straw is right - don't give it away until you're sure you're going. It won't be hard to give a away, I suspect.

You're moving...but, yet, you might not move. You might not need this wood...but, yet, you might need this wood. Why not wait until you know for sure what you're going to do before looking after this detail? You must have a zillion other things to see to right about now...or will soon...or maybe not. I doubt this wood will be hard to get rid of and will likely put some $$$ in your pocket, if you decide to go the sell it route. I take it that if you do move, the woodburner's not going with you? Are you renting or do you own the property? In any case, the landlord, next occupant, or buyer of the house might be interested in purchasing this wood from you. Just guessing here, with the limited info provided. Best of luck. Rick

I agree. Ray, wait until you know for sure. Then sell it if you are going to move.

I agree with these guys, what a kick in the pants should you not move and you need it for another season. Even if you waited to the last week of knowing what you were going to do, the wood will go quick on here or CL. Should not be a problem either way

Status
Not open for further replies.