Benjamin Boiler Wood/Combo - Need a Service Provider - Alder Creek NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEG

Nov 18, 2014
Alder Creek NY
I just purchased a new home with a Benjamin Boiler - Wood burning, oil back up. We are having trouble regulating the heat and the basement is consistently at 80 degrees or above. We cannot use the basement because it is this hot. We have struggled finding someone who can come in and check the equipment and help us regulate the temp in the basement. This system also supports radiant heat on our first floor. Please let me know if you know of a service provider in my area. Alder Creek NY 13301

I lived 17 years with one of those boilers and hearing of one keeping things too warm almost blows my mind.

Sounds like a problem with controls & not the boiler itself.

Is this a brand new home - new construction? Or new to you? Or? I guess what I was getting at is if it is new, there should be some sort of home warranty to fall back on for a period of time & I would start by chasing the seller or builder. Then finding out the original installer & getting them in.

Having said that, more info would help. Is this a problem all the time? Or just when burning wood? Or? What are all the aquastat settings? Boiler temp & pressure? Are there certain times & conditions when things are OK? Is there a thermostat somewhere that you don't know about that is turned up too high? How is the rest of the house & other zones working? Still might come down to having to be there & checking things over face to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.