Berkeley natural gas ban struck down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ok, this is interesting. I didn’t know 240v burners existed. When I converted the stove to gas I took the already installed electric line and installed a sub panel right below thinking it would make it easier to rewire the kitchen some time in the future. I could easily run a line right up for the burner. I still haven’t really started the rewire project. All I’ve done was a new circuit to run the microwave I put in over the stove.

So many projects, so little time/want to do them!
If I were to tackle the project I’d make it 240 receptacle. Most restaurant equipment states it must be hard wired but for my kitchen I’d like to swap out a decent sized countertop flattop or wok burner or high power single induction burner. The 240 units are pricey. The cheaper alternative is set up an outdoor cook space with propane.

Reactions: woodgeek