Best pellet boiler for skilled DIY installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2014
Morgantown, WV
Hello all - newbie here -
I'm in the market for a pellet boiler and there aren't many dealers in my area at all. I've increased my garage size and am trying to get away from a propane based setup.

From what I have seen online and after talking to a few dealers, the basics are straightforward, but I am concerned with all of the 'extra' bells and whistles in getting them to operate properly.

Do the units come with comprehensive installation guides, or is this something only trained dealers have access to?

Other than cold calling some dealers trying to find one that will work with me - are there any recommendations?

I am looking at the Harman PB105, BIOWIN 260 and Kedel 102.

Hello all - newbie here -
I'm in the market for a pellet boiler and there aren't many dealers in my area at all. I've increased my garage size and am trying to get away from a propane based setup.

From what I have seen online and after talking to a few dealers, the basics are straightforward, but I am concerned with all of the 'extra' bells and whistles in getting them to operate properly.

Do the units come with comprehensive installation guides, or is this something only trained dealers have access to?

Other than cold calling some dealers trying to find one that will work with me - are there any recommendations?

I am looking at the Harman PB105, BIOWIN 260 and Kedel 102.
We're very happy with our Biowin and Marc's service. Give him a call and he'll take care of you.

I just installed a biowin 260 and although I've only been using it for about a month I couldn't be happier with it. Pretty much set it and forget it. I think the biowin would be a far better choice over the Harmon. I don't know much about the kedel but haven't heard anything negative about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.