Best pellets yet, out west anyway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

funflyer

Burning Hunk
Nov 6, 2014
Central Arizona
Saw these High Country pellets at a local store and picked up a few bags to try. First time I've seen them and haven't found much online about them and a search of the barcode shows nothing. Their website has no info on them either, just dead links. After trying them today, I'm off to pick up a ton tomorrow. Same price as the depot's Heatr's (249.00/ton) but far superior heat output with about half the ash and almost zero fines in the bag. Anyway, if you guys on the right coast see em, get a few tons, you'll like em :cool:

DSC00693.JPG DSC00694.JPGDSC006951.jpg

Reactions: CleanFire
Thanks for the heads up.

Wow! Look how uniform in size those pellets are. Looks almost fake.

I liked the Red Fir pellets that Rocky Canyon produces, but I haven't tried the High Country label. They aren't carried around here like the Red Fir is.

Of the 5 different DF pellets I've tried, I like Packsaddle the best.

I liked the Red Fir pellets that Rocky Canyon produces, but I haven't tried the High Country label. They aren't carried around here like the Red Fir is.

Of the 5 different DF pellets I've tried, I like Packsaddle the best.

Two stores sell HC that I've found, Murdoch's and Cal Ranch. I got them at Cal Ranch. Wish I were closer to Murdoch's, they have them for $229.00/ton and yesterday they had 15% off for Veterans. :confused:

With outside temp this morning at 18::F I tested the difference between these and the only other pellets I have, Heatr's from the depot. IR gun was used on the front panel just below where the room air blows out, stove set at heat level 5, room air 9. Stove had been running for two hours before testing. Just to be sure I wasn't getting higher readings because the outside temp was going up during the test, I checked the Heatr's once more after the HC and within 20 minutes the temp dropped back under 400.

Heatr's, checked 10 minute intervals for one hour, 355-385::F
High Country, same times, 450-479::F

Reactions: CleanFire
Status
Not open for further replies.