Best Place to buy pellets in Winston Salem NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AndylovesHam

Just bought my first pellet stove. Pelpro PP130. Got a great deal at tractor supply. They gave me 300 off stove and a free vent kit and 100 dollar gift card since my the original stove didnt work properly. First stove was a US Stove KP60. Was never able to get a hold of tech support and since stove didnt work during the bug snow storm they shipped me a Pelpro at cost and gave me a credit on pipe kit with a 100 dollar store credit...all in on the stove and vent kit is 849.00. Hell of a deal i think...

Anyway where do yall get your pellets in this area. Tractor supply sells them but it is their white bag with blue lettering, they seem decent although a lot of ash. Southern States sells i believe Americab Hardwood Pellets. 10 cents more a bag will buy some to try. Jusy curious if yall got any recommendations. Im on the border of VA and NC 30 minutes to Winston and 20 Minutes to Galax and 40 minutes to Wytheville. Dont mind driving if pellets are good at good prices.
Merry Christmas yall

Not sure what Winston has but The new river valley in VA has cheat river from Lowes. Southern states has a mill out of Marion in their bags, and a couple dealers have a mill out of galax. Can’t remember the brand but I burned a couple of bags and they were good.

Thanks. I am going to. I picked up some southern states in mt airy nc today. Appalacian hardwood. 5.47 a bag. Will see how they burn. Funny being so close to galax only 20 miles up the mountain TSC, Southern States and Lowes does not stock these at all. Will post how these pellets burn. Thanks y'all for your feedback