Best position for Accentra FS sensor wire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RKS130

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
I just realized that the install crew left the sensor wire just coiled on the floor behind the stove. Is this good/bad/indifferent? It is largely below (by about 10 inches or so) the cold air intake flex pipe, and a little to the side of the somewhat lower vent pipe.

Any thoughts?

RKS130 said:
I just realized that the install crew left the sensor wire just coiled on the floor behind the stove. Is this good/bad/indifferent? It is largely below (by about 10 inches or so) the cold air intake flex pipe, and a little to the side of the somewhat lower vent pipe.

Any thoughts?

You really want that where it reads the air temperature not that of the floor.

Thanks Smokey. I had a feeling that the floor was not ideal - butr wasn't sure if it made a practical difference.

I am thinking about mounting a clip on the wall behind the stove to hole the wire up. Unfortunately, my wife is often more concerned with aesthetics than practicality. I'll see what I can do.

I have an Advance. I added added wire and placed my sensor about 15 ft. away at eye level. Works excellent there. I ran the wire thru the wall, out behind a picture, and the sensor itself is poking out a couple of inches above the picture frame.

Sounds good tim. I can go through a wall and end up behind the kids' piano. If I go just above it, I might be in good shape. Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.