best price for an infrared thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snydley

Mar 7, 2008
Dansville NY (upstate)
I want to buy one of those hand held infrared thermometers so I can get a more accurate temperature reading on various parts of my stove, and around the windows in my house in the winter. Who got the best price on one of those? The cheapest i've found so far is Harbor Freight Tools
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=96451
Can anyone recommend a better place/price?
Thanks

I got an ATD-701 IR about a month ago. Can't remember what I paid for it ( I also got a moisture meter) but it was very reasonable.

I am very pleased with it because of it's ease of use and range of temps.

Anything under $50 is a good deal! The cheap ones were $100 not that long ago.

Chris

I bought that exact IR unit from Harbor Freight. I think I paid $40 for it on sale. It works great.

-SF

I just ordered the ATD-701 from National tool warehouse for just over $36 plus $7.95 shipping.Next week im hoping to break in my new harman insert wood stove and the ATD-701 should be a usefull tool.

BeGreen said:
Several folks have the Harbor Freight unit and like it. I found the ATD-701 unit for a little less and with more features. Here's more info:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/12924/
Thanks for the "heads up". I bought it today, I've wanted one for awhile now to measure the temperature around my windows and walls, on the inside and out of my house in the winter to see where I'm losing heat, but I could never justify the expense. Now I can :cheese:
Snyde

Status
Not open for further replies.