best stove for a big fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violet

Hearth Supporter
Sep 9, 2009
Western MA
I have a large natural stone fireplace and am wondering whether it would be better to install a freestanding wood stove (am looking at a Morso 3610) or a large wood insert (Pacific Energy Summit). Looking at the ratings, it seems like the large insert will produce more heat, but I never really wanted a stove that I had to use an electric blower for. I like the look of a freestanding stove and it fits better with the rustic fireplace, but I'm not sure it will produce enough heat. Any thoughts?

Big steel stoves in fireplaces are da bomb.

Attachments

• new brownie.jpg
    new brownie.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 280
  • cabin 30-ncp small.JPG
    cabin 30-ncp small.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 310
Agreed! And I heat a lot of house an hour from you.

Attachments

• h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 282
BrotherBart said:

Ok - I really want to know what that red sign with white lettering on the wall above the second stove says...

Slow1 said:
BrotherBart said:

Ok - I really want to know what that red sign with white lettering on the wall above the second stove says...

+10.
Cmon BB....give us the wording on that sign....

The stove is in a rental cabin. The sign says to keep combustibles away from the stove and gives instructions on disposing of ashes.

The 30-NC. So simple to use a renter can do it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.