Best time of year to purchase a stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaptain

Feb 2, 2011
Central PA
I've decided that I'd like to replace my old 'smoke dragon' with a new, more efficient stove.

I'm set on an Englander 30 and my local Home Depot has them for $899 shipped.

After some searching this seems about average - but I've seen them as low as 699. But that was also years ago so I'm not expecting prices to drop that low again.

I also don't want to miss the window of opportunity and see this thing go back up to 1200 bucks in a week or two... any thoughts?

If buying from a box store, my guess is you want to buy now, they don't stock them year 'round, and now is inventory reduction time. I wouldn't purchase a stove from them, but that is just me. Tons of people do, and are very happy.

Now is about the right time to buy. Sometimes you can also catch some deals in the early fall. I just bought a Drolet Myriad - similar to the E 30 for essentially $600 + tax at Menards. Stove on sale, then 25% off on stoves, then 11% rebate on top of that. Just finished purchasing all of the class A pipe also with the 11% rebate. Keep looking as now is the time when many are clearing out their inventory.

I like to point out this link to those looking for Englanders.

AM FM Energy has factory refurbished 30's for $879 shipped. Like new condition with factory warranty I believe.

http://www.amfmenergy.com/50tnc30----epa-certified-noncatalytic-wood-stove--2250302201.html

OverstockStoves and Home Depot also has good prices in the spring and summer, but they will jump sometime in the fall.

Also, locally, my Tractor Supply and Lowes have all of their US stoves marked down. I saw the smallest model (not sure of the #) for $299 the other day at TS.

Kaptain said:
I've decided that I'd like to replace my old 'smoke dragon' with a new, more efficient stove.

I'm set on an Englander 30 and my local Home Depot has them for $899 shipped.

After some searching this seems about average - but I've seen them as low as 699. But that was also years ago so I'm not expecting prices to drop that low again.

I also don't want to miss the window of opportunity and see this thing go back up to 1200 bucks in a week or two... any thoughts?

I just bought one last month for the same reason from HD. I didn't want to miss out on a nice stove. These ones look to be built really tough.

I bought mine from Home Depot about a month ago and they told me that they don't usually go on sale, they just put them up for the year. I think the mom and pop shops are where you will find the better sales because they don't or can't afford to sit on their investment in inventory for the whole year, where as the bigger chain stores have the money and the space to sit on them till the following season. The englander is a real nice stove, but if you played your cards right you could have a better stove for a fraction of the sticker price on floor models. Good luck

Dont worry about missing out .THey may not have any stocked at your local store but they have plenty in inventory.Buy online and have it delivered free. Last year a got a 30 on the 12th of Feb for $669 + free shipping to my home and 0 interest. I liked it so much o bought another one on Sept 12 for $649.00 + free shipping for my workshop. Im currently waiting for a price drop on the 13. i think when the 30 goes to 650 the 13 goes to $499 It would be perfect for a 600SF apartment i use on occasion. My theory is you can never have too many wood stoves, sort of like garages,its a guy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.