Best vent pipe for new install

boosted3g Posted By boosted3g, Aug 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

1. boosted3g

boosted3g
    Feeling the Heat

Aug 3, 2012
    Loc:
    Central PA
    To add to my install I did go with the harman adapter from the pellet vent pro line. I'm hoping it is not only made to fit the harman outlet better but also is a little longer. If you go from the appliance adapter directly to a tee or elbow with a stand appliance adapter on a p61 you find yourself right at the minimum 1 inch air gap to the hopper. If the harman adapter is a little longer I would feel much better

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

confused........ICC makes an insulated passthru......really......

3. mepellet

mepellet
    Minister of Fire

Aug 10, 2011
    Loc:
    Central ME
    I think this may be key. Mine had a slight buildup in the nozzle fitting (about 6"-12") where it is essentially uninsulated piping at that point. I just used some warm water on it when I took it off in the spring and now it looks brand new again. After the nozzle fitting, the inner pipe(exhaust) just had a grayish color but wasn't a sticky residue.

4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear
    Minister of Fire

Nov 10, 2008
    Loc:
    Standish, ME

I am not doubting you at all Lousyweather. I just wanted folks to know they need to check with the vent maker for whatever vent they are looking at using.

5. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

agreed, and not a good idea to modify an already designed one....ie: insualting a non-insulated thimble