1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Best vent pipe for new install

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by boosted3g, Aug 4, 2012.

1. boosted3g

boosted3g Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central PA
    To add to my install I did go with the harman adapter from the pellet vent pro line. I'm hoping it is not only made to fit the harman outlet better but also is a little longer. If you go from the appliance adapter directly to a tee or elbow with a stand appliance adapter on a p61 you find yourself right at the minimum 1 inch air gap to the hopper. If the harman adapter is a little longer I would feel much better

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

confused........ICC makes an insulated passthru......really......
  3. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    I think this may be key. Mine had a slight buildup in the nozzle fitting (about 6"-12") where it is essentially uninsulated piping at that point. I just used some warm water on it when I took it off in the spring and now it looks brand new again. After the nozzle fitting, the inner pipe(exhaust) just had a grayish color but wasn't a sticky residue.
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME

I am not doubting you at all Lousyweather. I just wanted folks to know they need to check with the vent maker for whatever vent they are looking at using.
  5. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

agreed, and not a good idea to modify an already designed one....ie: insualting a non-insulated thimble