Best way to clean Big E glass...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamegrabber

Apr 13, 2008
Northshore, Ma.
Does anyone have a good method to clean this glass?

Man, does it ever get dirty with these softer pellets.

I've been using Windex, it works some but won't get the baked on crud off.

Razor blades maybe?

Thanks in advance,

FG.

Razor blades work well on the hard stuff.

I just use a dry paper towel daily, while the stove is running. Weekly I shut down, empty ashes and windex and scrape the glass. Seems to work well without overkill.

I use a green dish washing scouring pad , it is not to agressive but it works on the hard baked on stuff .

Other then that I just use paper towels and water,

Go to your local hardware store and there is a product called Fireview. It is put out by Spray Nine and it is for fireplaces, pellet stove, and wood stoves. It is a great cleaner and it also dissolves tough creosote. It is a spray and you just have to clean your glass like you would with Windex. When my stove is on low setting, the glass does get real black and sooty. This takes it right off. Works great!!

Sounfs like a great tip. I'll buy some tomorrow.

Thanks!

FG.

ajwoodman said:
Go to your local hardware store and there is a product called Fireview. It is put out by Spray Nine and it is for fireplaces, pellet stove, and wood stoves. It is a great cleaner and it also dissolves tough creosote. It is a spray and you just have to clean your glass like you would with Windex. When my stove is on low setting, the glass does get real black and sooty. This takes it right off. Works great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.