Better Coal Sifter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cptoneleg said:
Thats right the heck with the oil, first yr with my new stove I burned mostly 6 month css Oak 7 24s kept my house warm, I just didn't tell anyone on here that I was sinning. :zip:
At that it was better wood than many people have, still had to suck with that dense of wood. Do you know what the moisture content was?

I had read on here about the new stoves and dry wood, so by june I had css three cords of chesnut oak, stacked single rows with small splits when I started burning MM read an average of 30%, I had about one cord left from year before that averaged 20%, I mixed these and was very satisfied with the heat.

I made this one from rebar and 3/4" 10 gauge expanded metal. Shovel part is 12" X 6".
desamu2a.jpg

At first I thought that was a side attachment to the tractor. If so that would be for some major sized burn pits.

Status
Not open for further replies.