Better than expected-enviro kodiak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Loaded up the 2.5 cu.ft firebox with one large split of douglas fir and smaller splits up front, all loaded east/west. That was at 11p-m last nite. This morning-hmm, can`t brag about raking coal,s forward to get a fire going. but you wouldn`t have wanted to load the remaining small coals into a paper bag. ;-)

So for an overnite temp of 3C, this morning when I got up to reload, it was 17C on the upper 2 levels. and this is a 4 level home. "who says heat doesn`t rise,eh?" Very happy thus far.. I will update again in the future when the temps get to 0 or lower.

:)

Not cold enough here to pack it full yet, still doing evening burns of end cuts and shortys right now. Gonna be 80 on sunday! Even without the east and west loading, I can load it up at bed time and still have blower running and large glowing coals when I get up for work 7 or 8 hours later. Going into my 3rd season and am still happy.

I use a fan at the base of the stairs to help move air up the stairs, but like you have found, no problem warming the second level of my home. 80's on the main floor, and 70's upstairs. Works for me!

I did take mine apart and gave it a good interior cleaning last week, removed blower and cleaned the cage and ductwork as well. The interior of the stove just need a quick rub down with a gloved hand for cleaning. Everything on the inside was a dry powder like you find inside a chimney liner (should find inside a chimney liner).

BTW, to remove the blower it uses a t-20 torx bit (screwdriver). 2 screws on the side behind the blower housing, and the one on top that is 5/16ths hex head, and the whole left side housing/blower slides straight out. Compressed air and a tooth brush does a nice job of cleaning the blower internals. KD

KD

Status
Not open for further replies.