Big E Control Board Fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
Inspite of reading the part about unplugging the Big E before removing the control board in the manual several times I forgot to unplug it when I went to install my thermostat and I blew the fuse.

The actual fuse says it's a .5A 125V fuse but the manual says it's a 5A 250V fuse.

Of course I can't find a .5A 125V fuse anywhere, but I am able to find a 5A 250V one.

Can anyone tell me which one I really need?

Thanks!

Expect more problems. Every time I seen a fuse blow on a Breckwell there was more problems in the long run than a $.50 fuse. That board has to be grounded and when you remove it it seems that the ground is broke. I hope the board is not fried, time will tell.

Eric

Everything is working fine. However, I have aluminum foil wrapped around the bad fuse. I need to rectify that ASAP. Do you know if I need a .5A 125V fuse or a 5A 250V fuse like the manual states?

Thanks,
Andy

Looking at a fuse it shows .5A/125V

Eric

Damn!!! I can't find any of those in my area. I can find .5A 250V in that size. I guess I'll have to contact my dealer and see if they can order a couple.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.