Big E Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Eastern Pa.
Looking for the perfect? pellet for my Big E, any recommendations?

Make you a deal. I'll tell you the best pellet, if you can tell me the best used truck to buy???? Sound fair?

I like the softwood pine I burn but you won't find my local pellet out east.

Lignetics seem to be universally well thought of here on the board. You can get soft or hardwood. The hardwoods are made back east, I believe.

Do a search... there's been PLENTY discussed already on this subject.

Yeah, mine....gotta Deal?

the big e loves dug-fur type pellets

Kidding aside, there is no perfect pellet. I would suggest you survey what is available, and pick four or five brands to sample. Use whatever criteria you want to choose the test samples. Buy four or five bags of each and see how they burn. Clean your stove between each brand so you have the same baseline for each brand. Tweak your setting for air and feed and see if one works better than others. The one that is most satisfying to you is the one to buy.

Or you can ask, what others burn and why. I, for example, burn a locally produced pellet. It's so generic it comes in a clear plastic bag, no label, no fluff. They are exceptionally consistent in size, no fines so far, softwood, and locally produced. Oh, BTW, they are a buck cheaper than any others around. Source is from a lumber mill, not construction waste, or cabinet shop cut offs. Do they work? Very well in all three of my stoves. Very good heat produced and low ash. They don't say anything on the bag, but they should be rated as a premium. I guess the guys that make them assume we, the users, know about pellets and are not reaching out to the untrained market.

if you can get Pinnacle pellets,there the best for the big e

I will put my pellets on the line against any other. MAN-UP! Not from other distributors, MINE.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.