Breckwell keeps blowing fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Ya, I called the tech and he said it’s probably just the auger finally wearing out and just pulling to many amps. I don’t have amp clamps or I would try that. I’m about to travel back to work in a few days, weather is warming up luckily. Waiting on a call back to see if they have an auger in stock for me to go buy or not..

Ok back to the drawing boards, I very much so made a redneck inline fuse. But it doesn’t blow the fuse and it’s rotating. One to the next thing.. I’ll check the lid switch properly

IMG_3852.jpeg

you are a brave man that is some redneck handywork if i ever seen it...LOL.. You should be testing that in the stove while it has load on it, it may test fine with no load and as soon as it sees load is when the problem begins.. Before you get zapped make your self a real pigtail to plug in..

Reactions: ABusWrench and ARC
Ya I was hesitant to touch the frame incase it was shorting out internally, I checked continuity though and was good. I found an auger motor for 70$ online.. the local dealer wants 400$!!!!!

Reactions: johneh and ARC
im always sceptic of purchasing things online for my stove unless they have lots of reviews and then il leary.. I have found in the past that you get what you pay for. I purchased a exhaust blower and it did not last the season before it was bad. I filed a claim and changed my review to reflect the issues... the seller never responded but they did report me to amazon and had my review taken down and i am blocked from that seller..LOL.. i never said anything rude just stated the facts.. now i see why that seller has excelent reviews..

Well I’m ordering oem parts from pellet head.com which seems extremely reputable to me, unless someone has a better site I’d gladly look into. I’m newish to the world of pellet stoves I’ve grown up on wood heat, and only reason for pellet was it was brand new in the house at purchase

Well I’m ordering oem parts from pellet head.com Pwhich seems extremely reputable to me, unless someone has a better site I’d gladly look into
Pellet head is one of the good sellers, $70 dollar augers are a decent augers it gets iffy when you start buying the $45 dollar range and from unknown sellers.

i have had no real issues with pellet head i found their customer service was extremely poor when i did have issues a few years back.

Reactions: ARC