Big scrounge of wood yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Scrounge.gif

There was so much wood I had to get my neighbor to help get it all home.

Scroungedload.gif

And what good is all that wood without some kindling to get it started nicely?

Newkindlig.gif

Cool.

Last time I saw a stack of hay overflowing like that was on a cart being pulled by a horse in Romania two summers ago.

How do you suppose they loaded that thing?

Those Hungarian Ralley's require Fiats to have a load of Michigan wood handicap ?

Ha ha ha! Those are great! That first one looks just like an old Rambler I used to own.

Backwoods Savage said:

Or unload?

Flatbedford said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Or unload?

I saved the first one for the next time one of those "show your wood hauler" threads comes up. :lol:
maybe I'll post it over at Arborist site.

Dennis, that :lol: does look like a bunch of the cars i see on Michigan roads though

Quit laughing at my vehicles. I take pride in those and they ride like Cadillacs. They can haul lots of wood too! Its just that sometimes it is hard to get them in and out of the woods because our lanes are a bit narrow. You can probably tell this by the looks of that one car. It got a bit snug going between that oak and the elm tree. I'm still working on a way to get that one rear window so we can take it out and then remove it for when we have to go to church or to a funeral or if the weather is a bit nasty. My helpers are great workers too but they don't speak a whole lot of English.

Who needs english? Point at the pile of wood, and then at the back seat. Isn't it obvious?

wow it sure does take a lot of commitment to keep 7 years ahead. I am in awe of just how much kindling you have made with that hydro splitter method. I am also jealous of the way you can make the snow vanish at this time of year. Wish I could do that here. :coolmad:

That last picture is just a van with a moonroof and my mother in law in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.