Big Timberline Double Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Drew777

Dec 7, 2023
Northeast, PA
My customer picked up this double door timberline and the doors aren't closing right. Someone put a new gasket around the channels in the doors but there's also a channel on the unit itself. Is anyone familiar with these? Does a gasket go around the doors or around the unit or possibly both? And which size gasket (doesn't say in the manual I found online)? Thank you for any replies.

What do you mean the doors are not closing right? A picture would be helpful. The rope gasket goes on the doors. To get the right size rope measure the distance across the grove in the door and this should give you the right size you need.

The doors do not close all the way with the gasket around the doors. I was trying to find someone more familiar with these units, I took the gasket out of the door channels and the doors close fine. If the gasket goes around the doors and not the channel in the unit, was thinking maybe it's supposed to get a flat gasket? Anyone familiar please chime in

This has been discussed before. See if this may be helpful.

This has been discussed before. See if this may be helpful.
Thank you so much, I wasn't able to find this thread before and yes it is very helpful, very much appreciated!