Bio blocks Eco Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Have you used bio bricks sawdust blocks before?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VC Encore new owner

Nov 21, 2022
Central MN
First season using these with oak and elm. Provides a super slow steady burn and not much ash. So far the best process has been to get a good fire started with stove warmed up and air damped a tad. They do spark a tad so that’s why choosing to use with air damped a little and don’t use on fire up on a cold stove with air flow . Nice alternative so far. Long burn times.
E6FC4F3B-DF67-4EBC-82DB-7775371302D4.jpeg

Haven't tried Redstones yet, but I have tried out BioBlocks. They burned well when used as directed.

Used Redstones last year to mix in since first year burning in my Vista. They worked great. Burned hot with decent burn time. This year using a few BioBricks that I bought. 20 pack for $9. New England made in CT.

Reactions: paredown
I bought a pallet of them 3 years ago. They are great for when its snowy or super nasty out and I dont want to go out and get a load of wood. I have them in the unfinished area on some foam board.

I've burned those Redstones (both sizes; prefer the smaller ones) as well as the BioBricks mentioned by Wildflush--and I prefer the latter.

Also, our local Tractor Supply parks a lot of the bulk items outside in the weather, and I have had Redstones that were pretty much unburnable because of water infiltration--you can tell pretty quickly because they will swell up like crazy.