bio brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioPellet

Apr 16, 2006
www.biopellet.net
I have gotten press recently where the article lists my product as Bio brick rather than the correct BioBricks(tm). Unfortunately this link can lead google searchers to the missleading discussion back last Oct on this forum where it was incorrectly stated that my product can lead to overfiring. In fact that is definitely not the case, on the contrary stove manufacturers like Regency have thoroughly tested my fuel and approved it for use because after testing it they recognized the remarkable increase in efficeincy, cleanliness and ease of use.

Jotul Europe also has approved the use of densified fuels in thier stoves., so it is rediculus for Jotul US to take this position...

My fuel is in my opinion better than other densified "logs" becuase of the size and shape and the fact that my fuel is made with one slug of sawdust instead of layers (like the logs) thus it stays together very well through the entire burn

Thanks for allowing me to clear this up... BioPellet LLC

Ah, with free PR, I guess one has to take the Good with the Bad.

If the position of Jotul US is incorrect, I'm certain they could change it. Then again, this may be a reflection not on your product, but on the fact that Americans may be less educated wood burners? In other words, filling a stove to the top with super dry wood is NEVER a good idea.

That would be my guess - that they are trying to limit their liability....it just may be that your fuel is "too good" in their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.