Bio-Burner (edit - Now some pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

We just took delivery of a .5 MBtu Bio-Burner woodchip/pellet boiler. Way more controls than the CB Maxim that they are currently cutting into pieces with a torch :smirk:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
We just took delivery of a .5 MBtu Bio-Burner woodchip/pellet boiler. Way more controls than the CB Maxim that they are currently cutting into pieces with a torch :smirk:

What brand, model?

Hey I thought central boiler was the Best boiler ever made? At least according to the OWB people around me an many over at arboristsite.....

gg

Ballpark of $35k. They are hauling the CB out as I type.

CB used to have the bigest market share of OWB in Upstate I think. But times are changing. And this thing doesn't burn chunk. Disigned for sawchips. We will be using pellets.

Pictures as I can get them.

oh, yeah, that CB is great - and WAAAAY over 90% efficient!.....no, really, I read it in one of their ads...(OK, snarky comment rant over) :)

Please send photos of the torch work....(sorry, seem to have snark Tourettes this morning) ....I mean the BB install, it sounds like a very interesting unit and having spoken to the guys at shows, it sounds like they know what they are doing.

Ok so the usual problems upon install/first fire. The first fire was electrical, and the replacement parts were not available locally. Then it was wired incorrectly from the factory, but a telephone conversation with the factory got that straightened around. Currently up and running now that the temps are down closer to normal for December.

Sorry, I can't get into Photobucket at the mo, so pics will have to wait . . .

Nothing terribly exciting to see. The entire crew is male, so no racy pics :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.