1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

BIO DEISEL

Post in 'The Green Room' started by Todd, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Thanks for the post KD. I was looking at replacing Kero in my wick heater for the garage when I'm doing some wood work in the winter. Seems like I should just give it a try. Also seems like this stuff could replace the heating oil used in my furnace. Or at least supliment it. Anyone out there try that?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kd460

kd460 Feeling the Heat

Warren, here is a good place to find your answer: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altfuelfurnace/

You might have to register to see the posts. As far as the kero heater, if you decide to use bio, you could either buy it, or if you make it, you probably don't need to do anything to "clean it" other than let it settle for a couple of weeks. If you run homebrew in your vehicle, I highly suggest you "wash it". That term will make sense to you if you start to read up on it. It is just a simple method of removing residual soap (the lye) faster than letting it settle out for a couple weeks. Good luck. KD
  3. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    I would imagine there would be less concern about gelling if you had the fuel tank in your basement.
  4. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

It seems backyard chemist have the solutions money and government do not?/

Some heating oil suppliers are selling B10 and B20 home heating oil but charging more about $.05 per
    gallon I was checking out Vegie oil at the supermaket $7 per gal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.