BIO DEISEL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post KD. I was looking at replacing Kero in my wick heater for the garage when I'm doing some wood work in the winter. Seems like I should just give it a try. Also seems like this stuff could replace the heating oil used in my furnace. Or at least supliment it. Anyone out there try that?

Warren, here is a good place to find your answer: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altfuelfurnace/

You might have to register to see the posts. As far as the kero heater, if you decide to use bio, you could either buy it, or if you make it, you probably don't need to do anything to "clean it" other than let it settle for a couple of weeks. If you run homebrew in your vehicle, I highly suggest you "wash it". That term will make sense to you if you start to read up on it. It is just a simple method of removing residual soap (the lye) faster than letting it settle out for a couple weeks. Good luck. KD

I would imagine there would be less concern about gelling if you had the fuel tank in your basement.

It seems backyard chemist have the solutions money and government do not?/

Some heating oil suppliers are selling B10 and B20 home heating oil but charging more about $.05 per
gallon I was checking out Vegie oil at the supermaket $7 per gal

Status
Not open for further replies.