Bird fell from the sky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any Hawthorn Berry trees on you property? Those have some nasty needles. I've had them go thru leather gloves , while handling the limb wood. Get's your attention fast. Maybe the Sparrow went for a berry and caught a needle in the chest. I not sure if those berries are even a food source for birds. I know hawthorn berries are good for your heart, as an herbal remedy..

Did you try mouth to beak resuscitation to revive the little guy? :bug:

Ray

Are you near a wind farm? Just kidding.

I am with the kid with BB gun opinion. My neighbor shoots birds off his parents bird feeder all the time. I don't give him crap about it because I did the same thing when I was his age. Sad but true.

raybonz said:

Ray

:lol: :lol: :lol: First you gotta do something about the sucking chest wound, though.

fossil said:
raybonz said:

Ray

:lol: :lol: :lol: First you gotta do something about the sucking chest wound, though.

Everyone knows ya gotta use Silly Putty for that! :smirk:

Ray

raybonz said:
fossil said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Ray

Dang. Silly Putty. Of course! And maybe some Super Glue. But...they didn't issue either of those in our Navy First-Aid kits back when I was in. Just a big bandage thing with long ties. Mouth-to-beak resuscitation. MBR. Yes, I'll try it on the next (of many, I'm sure) stunned birds that bounces off one of our windows. Spring's coming, shouldn't be too much longer before I get an opportunity. I'll report back on the effectiveness of my efforts. Rick

fossil said:
raybonz said:
fossil said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Ray

Dang. Silly Putty. Of course! And maybe some Super Glue. But...they didn't issue either of those in our Navy First-Aid kits back when I was in. Just a big bandage thing with long ties. Mouth-to-beak resuscitation. MBR. Yes, I'll try it on the next (of many, I'm sure) stunned birds that bounces off one of our windows. Spring's coming, shouldn't be too much longer before I get an opportunity. I'll report back on the effectiveness of my efforts. Rick

LOL OK you do that.. I have a screened in deck and it has hole all over the screens from birds flying into them.. Guess they can't see them too well eh? Not too many birds at this time of year.. It'll be spring before you know it.. BTW I was in the Navy 75-78 and I don't remember getting issued a 1st aid kit.. Were you a medic?
'
'Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.