BIS tradition top baffle??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rondog713

Jan 28, 2010
so.cal high desert
greetings from southern california ! i have a few questions ....first off i am currently running a country striker 210 and burning seasoned red eucalyptus .....I LOVE MY STOVE ! i can take my2000sqft house from 57 deg.f to about 75 deg. f in about 2 hours !

here is where my questions start i purchased a new house 3000 sf. with a BIS tradition ( this thing is huge )
1. is the BIS a real insert stove or just a fireplace that won't do jack as far as depending on SOLELY for heating ?
2. when i looked into the BIS i did notice that the baffaling above the tubes was missing .....what goes here ; i know in my country there are bricks up there .....
can i just replace regular stove bricks?
3. i looked for a ser# on this thing ..but no luck does anyone have a pic of what the baffle is suppose to look like ??

thank you in advance

It's a high-efficiency EPA fireplace:
http://www.securitychimneys.com/pages/fireplace/high_BisTradition.asp?country=ca

I believe there should be two pieces of lightweight, white insulation board above the tubes. They're delicate and probably expensive. There's a picture in the install manual that looks like what's in my Ultima. I wouldn't put bricks up their, it's presumably not designed to hold the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.