Bixby Maxfire 115 blinking light codes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hawke

Mar 21, 2023
Tigerton, WI
I recently inherited my parent's Bixby Maxfire 115 wood pellet stove. It was sitting in storage for 2 years. My dad cleaned it thoroughly before storage. It fully worked when it was put in storage. Yesterday I had it installed where I live. It starts fine,
I get a full healthy fire going. After about 20 minutes the motor pauses and lights 1,2,3 and 7 start blinking. The motor keeps going and the fire goes out.

Any ideas?

FLASHING INDICATOR LIGHT SYSTEM​

The 8 heat level indicator lights on the Bixby Room Heater are also designed to act as potential problem indicators.
Whenever one of these lights begins to flash, consult the chart below for reason and recommended solution.
Light #1
Power failure during Room Heater operation: Push the "Off" button and then the "On" button
to restart.
Light #2
Operating temperature not reached: Push the "Off" button and then the "On" button to restart.
Verify fuel level in the hopper.
Light #3
Exhaust system or hopper area is overheating. Reduce the feed rate (see Troubleshooting
section). If problem continues, contact your Bixby Dealer.
Light #2 & #3
Empty hopper or potential blocked flue warning. Check hopper for fuel. If fuel is present,
flue (exhaust) may be blocked. Clean the exhaust portion of the Room Heater and the attached
venting. See Maintenace and Cleaning Procedures for details. If problem continues, contact
your Bixby Dealer.
Light #4
Room Heater door is ajar (open). Make sure the door is tightly closed. If the door is open for
more than one minute, the Room Heater will shut down. Contact your Bixby Dealer if problem
continues.
Light #5
Ash Drawer is ajar (open): Make sure the ash drawer is tightly closed. The Room Heater will
not start if the ash drawer is not closed. If the ash drawer is open for more than 20 minutes, the
Room Heater will shut down. Close ash drawer and restart the Room Heater.
Light #6
Exhaust fan failure. Contact your Bixby Dealer for service.
Light #7
Fire pot mechanical malfunction: Push the "Off" button and then the "On" button to restart. If
malfunction continues, clear jam in burn pot once cool.
Light #7 & #1
Left igniter failed. Contact your Bixby Dealer for service. The Room Heater will continue to
operate, but will take longer to ignite from a cold start.
Light #7 & #2
Right igniter failed. See above. If both igniters have failed (Lights 7, 1 & 2), the Room Heater
will not be able to autostart. See Manual Lighting instructions (previous page).
Light #7 & #1-3 Internal error - possible ignitor electrical fault - unplug Room Heater and contact your Bixby
Dealer for service.
Light #8
Feeder wheel failure. Open hopper lid, remove feeder wheel cover, clear jam and restart Room
Heater. If this continues, contact your Bixby Dealer for service

The pellet stove is consistantly running a cycle and then blinking #2. I turn it off/on again and it does the same thing. Again, is there anywhere to get a new updated firmware?