Bk vs alderlea t6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

koodjack

Jan 25, 2012
nh
Good Morning
I was quoted $4050 for a princess 32 and Alderlea t6 for $4100 shipped. What do you guys think of the price? Which seems to to be a good value? Ty

That BK price sounds right to me. I know the BK qualifies for the tax credit, does the Alderlea too? I think both stoves are a good value, both have a good reputation. I would go with whichever is a better fit for your space/demands/expectations/goals/chimney, etc.

Reactions: koodjack
Don’t know what options that includes with the Princess, but it’s about a grand less than I paid for mine. I got the ultra pedestal and fan kit with my stove. I bought mine in the fall of 2022

If the BK Princess price includes a base and a door, then it seems about right. I paid a bit more than that for a Princess, door, Ultra base, fan kit, and OAK.

The tax credit is huge. 30% back on stove and pipe. The PE is a great stove compared to other noncats but not efficient enough for the 30% back.

Please double check the 30% and the cutoff efficiency ratings.